Wednesday 8 May 2013

Life's many Challenges


This is my new blogspot, created to showcase some of my paintings, many have been exhibited, but only a few sold and the majority are cluttering up my spare room.  I shall publish some of these a few at a time, before I de-clutter our home.

In my Life's Journey, see jeanlairomsey.blogspot.co.uk, I have come to  many crossroads, the decisions for which have brought me here today, to Southampton, and life is still evolving. Life is still full of challenges and the journey had been long but every bit as interesting.  Right now my head is just above water, in organising this Blog, learning along the way.  Google Blogger is really easy and full of creative tips and tricks and I am enjoying all the discovery so far.  Try it yourself, you might like it so much, you could get addicted like my husband Roy. See his site at http://itravelstories.blogspot.co.uk

As a member  of the Romsey Art Group (RAG) I entered three paintings  into this year's Spring Exhibition, at The Mountbatten Gallery in Lee, near Romsey, went on  refreshments duty last Saturday afternoon, and had a great time, chatting to people who stopped for a cuppa and a piece of cake.  During the week, I took a small group of our Spanish coffee morning to visit the gallery, and was told that one of my Penguin paintings had just been sold!  How exciting! My first sale through this Art Group, bought by the Mayor's wife, Dr. Tippet, for her daughter-in-law.  I hope she likes it, too.


I was so happy I kissed the messenger for this good tiding - he was a new member of our Art Group and didn't know how to react to my joy!

I painted this friendly tiger in 2011, which didn't sell at the RAG Autumn Exhibition, but our friend Keith Field bought it for his sister's birthday last year.  She was interested in wild animals, but I hope this is not too ferocious for her.

Life is definitely what you make of it, and at the moment it's fantastic!




1 comment: